compilation problems

Thomas Spahni tsp at lawbiz.ch
Wed Apr 2 11:24:12 CST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Paul Norris wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot to put that I have installed Guppi 0.40 from the SuSE
> installation media.
> Paul.

Paul,

I was able to compile gnc 1.8.2 on SuSE 8.0 and I remember that I had to
add some options to configure. And it comes to my mind that on one
occasion it complained that package X (can't remember which one) was
missing and when I looked in config.log it turned out that another package
Y was missing. You really have to look at the config.log to see what is
going wrong.

My shell script for configuring looked like this:

#!/bin/sh
CC=gcc
CFLAGS=-O2
(cd gnucash
rm -rf config.cache
configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gui --build=i386-linux-gnu
)

where 'gnucash' is a symbolic link to gnucash-1.8.2

Thomas Spahni