accounting period

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 12:33:57 CDT 2003

Linas is releasing Period-closing functionality to HEAD.  I imagine it
will be some time before that gets back-ported to 1.8.x.  It needs to be
sufficiently tested for bugs and correctness.  I've not yet tried using it
with a database (vs. a file), but have plans to do so quite soon.

It is only slightly less dangerous to delete from your database than to
delete from your file.  There are dependencies within the data that you
are missing with the deletes you've performed, and the results are not
guaranteed to be what you expected (as you've already seen).

At this point in time, with the 1.8.x branch, you cannot safely split the
database or file--you only option is to create a new one.  As I mentioned
above, Linas has implemented the change in HEAD, so it's only a matter of
time before that changes.

Hang in there, soldier; the cavalry is coming....

<quote who="Bernard FUENTES">