Accounting Patterns: Health Insurance Chart of Accounts

tripp+gnucash-user at perspex.com tripp+gnucash-user at perspex.com
Fri Aug 29 05:24:02 CDT 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> > > The first of these patterns is an excerpt from my Chart of Accounts (CoA)
> > > for dealing with (US, anyway) health insurance claims:
> >
> > Note that Gnucash supports account templates (the -xea files).  We could
> > eventually distribute some of your chart of accounts.
>
> Well, originally, the xea files were spinoffs of the xml file format,
> so all you need to do is edit the chart of accounts in gnucash, get it
> just right, and then save to file.  I guess there's a little
> hand-editing after that ... but that's about it.

I figured there must be some templating mojo going on, based on the New
Accounts wizard.

Eventually I'd like to package these things up (including simplified
versions for those less, uh, "comprehensive" than me in their record
keeping). However, I thought it was more important to get something out
the door than to wait indefinitely on my getting around to more proper
packaging :)