Cash for Gnucash development?: Self-study course for CPE?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Aug 29 15:29:51 CDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Andrew L. Gould wrote:

> I usually earn my hours via self-study courses, many of which are for computer
> applications.  This year, I'm looking at paying over $100.00 to learn Quicken
> and earn 24 hours of credit.  There's also a course for QuickBooks for the
> same price.

This is interesting to me because my company (Puget Sound Technology)
teaches open source classes. We currently planning our fall courses to
start include office training (in addition to administrator classes we
already offer for a few years).

We hope to provide gnucash training in our upcoming schedule (but we don't
have course materials yet).

> If the Gnucash documentation were turned into a tutorial, it could be
> registered with the CPA Boards of each state (start with Texas, please) for
> CPE hours.  The Gnucash developers could sell the courses, maintain
> administrative records to meet CPE course requirements and mail CPE
> certificates.  This doesn't prevent Gnucash from allowing people to use the
> tutorials for free; but it allows me to divert a necessary expense to Open
> Source development in a completely legitimate/legal/ethical way.

This seems like an okay idea.

Can you provide some links or leads on where to get started with getting a
tutorial registered with CPA Boards of different states?

Can you provide information or examples of current tutorials that gnucash
tutorials should emulate?

Thank you,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.isp-faq.com/