Query on state of import QIF

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 30 10:27:08 CST 2003

Hi,

David Highley <dhighley at highley-recommended.com> writes:

>> I suggest you look at the QIF file in question and make sure it's a "valid"
>> QIF file.
>
> What is the definition of valid?

Good question.  The best answer I have is "what the importer allows"...
But that doesn't help you.  You can try reading Chris Browne's documentation
at http://cbbrowne.com/info/financeformats.html

> Probably with intentions of making it more difficult for customers to
> switch to another product.

Of course...  Unfortunately the existing QIF importer code is
rather...  limited.  I'm in the middle of a re-write which should help
some, but I've not have the time (or, honestly, motivation) to finish
it.