Reports in 1.7.8

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 2 19:47:05 CST 2003

Hi,

> I have a couple of questions about reports. I see that each report has
> an option screen to set various options. The program seems to reset the
> options to the default each time I start it. I'm assuming it doesn't
> save the settings, but I wanted to verify that I'm not doing something
> wrong.

GnuCash remembers the settings for "open" reports, but it does not
remember them across multiple reports.  See bug# 104156.  So, if you
open a report, make settings, and then close the report, it will not
save your settings.  However, if you open the report, make your
settings, and then just leave the report open, it will remember your
settings across the shutdown/startup.

You can click on the notebook tab to jump between your CoA and the open
reports.

> Second, I see that the reports are generated from scheme scripts. I've
> started looking into modifing things, but it's slow going. Can anyone
> point out what I'd need to add to display the account code whenever the
> account name is displayed?

There is no easy way to do that, because the reports specifically call
(gnc:account-get-name).  You would have to change almost every
instance to a new procedure that returned a string that concatinated
the account name and the account code.

One procedure you want is: (gnc:account-get-code account) But that is
not sufficient to change it in all cases.