[rex@nosyntax.net: Re: g-wrap-config fails on 1.8 install [solved for SuSE 8.0]]

rex rex at nosyntax.net
Wed Feb 5 16:15:02 CST 2003

Oops, sent to gnucash-devel by mistake.

----- Forwarded message from rex <rex at nosyntax.net> -----

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:12:22 -0800
From: rex <rex at nosyntax.net>
To: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: g-wrap-config fails on 1.8 install [solved for SuSE 8.0]

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> [2003-02-05 15:01]:

> Do you have the esound package installed?  I don't know if there
> is an esound-devel, but see if there is an install that, too.
>
> > There are:
> > /usr/lib/libesd.so.0
> > /usr/lib/libesd.so.0.2.23
>
> Right, but you don't have "libesd.so", which you'll get from the
> -devel package.

Hi Derek,

Installed now, thanks. It wasn't obvious to me that "esd" referred to esound.

Next gtkhtml not found. Installed gtkhtml-devel. fixed.
Next ghttp not found. Installed libghttp-devel. fixed, but warning "no SSL
in ghttp."
Next unknown lib oaf. Installed oaf-devel. fixed.
Next:
checking for libguppi - version >= 0.35.1... no
*** Could not run libguppi test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means libguppi was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved libguppi since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the gnome-config script: /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-config
configure: error: libguppi not found

Searching the SuSE 8.0 DVD: Guppi 0.40.3-126 is already installed and
appears to be the most recent version. No -devel
package available on the DVD. However
/opt/gnome/lib/libguppi.la
/opt/gnome/lib/libguppi.so
/opt/gnome/lib/libguppi.so.16
/opt/gnome/lib/libguppi.so.16.0.0

are on the HD. Checking gnome-config,
prefix=/opt/gnome
exec_prefix=${prefix}
[...]
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib

so the libguppi.* should be found, right? However, checking configure.log
for more details revealed that lbonobo is not found. Installed bonobo-devel,
bonobo.conf, & bonobo-conf-devel.

./configure completed!

make completed w/o errors! (took about 13 minutes on P3-800 w/512MB)
make install completed w/o errors!

It runs!

> > Thanks for the help and thanks much for all your work on PGP. :)
>
> Wow -- you recognized me from there?  Cool. :)  You're welcome.

Sure, you're famous, at least among long-term PGP users. :)

Thanks much for helping me past the sticky spots.

Regards,

-rex

- ----- End forwarded message -----