Cash 1.8.1 and R.H 7.3

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 15 14:03:12 CST 2003

"jack rilllman" <jcf2001 at hotmail.com> writes:

> I tried instaling the RH 7.3 RPM for GNUCash 1.8.1 and it fails
> because of the following missing dependencies:
>
> 1- g-wrap 1.3.4
> 2- libwrap-glib.so.1
> 3- libgwrap-wct.so.1

Try installing the g-wrap-1.3.4 RPM, also available from the
GnuCash web site.

> I then got the RPM for item 1 which is suppose to include the other
> two items
> but it would not install because of some other dependencies or it
> replaced something that would break something else.

Where did you get the g-wrap-1.3.4 RPM?  You need to make sure that
you grabbed the right version.

> Has anyone successfully installed GNUCash 1.8.1 on RH 7.3?
> If so would you please be so kind as to tell me what steps you
> took to get it installed.

Yep.  It works just fine, provided you have the correct set of
libraries installed.  In particular, you need to make sure the guile,
g-wrap, and gnucash were all built "together".  The packages on the
GnuCash site all were -- so make sure you pull down the right
combination.