gnucash web site

Bob Holtzman holtzm at sonic.net
Mon Feb 17 10:33:00 CST 2003

On 15 Feb 2003, Matthew Vanecek wrote:

 On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 12:57, Paul Harouff wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 11:28, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
> > No, it's a problem with how the server is sending the data.  It's not a
> >

> > You're absolutely right.
> >
> > Deleting the references to *.rpm in File Associations and pluggerrc only
> > works if the file does not have the Content-Type set to realaudio.
> >
> > I don't know of any way to get the browser to override this. I even
> > tried putting *.rpm audio/x-pn-realudio-plugin in the browser Helper
> > Applications list as Save File. RealPlayer still opens.
> >

> Right-click & Save As, or Shift->Left Click. The mime type configuration
> has to be done at the Server.  The gnucash server is running Debian, or
> a reasonable facsimile thereof.  Debianites don't pay attention to rpm
> stuff, so the mime type change generally won't be present on a Debian
> (or other non-rpm) system by default.  However, if Linas were
> interested, he could edit his mime.types file, and remove the reference
> to "rpm" from the RA type.  Then, he could add a mime type
> "application/x-rpm", with an extension of rpm, and restart the server.
> That would allow RPM files to be downloaded without the extra key-press.
> ;)
>
> This change should already be present in most rpm-based systems. It's
> default in RH.

I wondered why this never showed up on the list. When I checked I found
that I had hit the wrong key and replied directly to sender. Sorry.

First, thanks to Derek Atkins, Matthew Vanecek and Paul Harouff for their
replies. One thing I've always liked about the Linux community is the
willingness to help some poor slob (such as me) who is floundering in the
dark.

Second, the explanation that the problem is in the server makes more sense
in
that RPMs I download from other sites don't exhibit this problem.

In any event, shift + left click works fine.

Many thanks guys.

--
Bob Holtzman
"Your email is being read by hundreds of uptight agents