OFX support

chris slaterson32@earthlink.net
Sun Jan 19 18:12:30 CST 2003

I was looking at the feature list for the upcoming release and saw that
it support OFX.  Will the OFX support simply be importing and exporting
of statements/transactions from a file, or will there also be an
interface to directly download and sync statements from an online
source?

I.e., my stock broker offers a service called DirectDownload (uses
OFX).  This doesn't let you download your statments/transactions to a
file and place it on your hard drive, but it does allow you to download
into an application (such as MS Money or Quicken) and then sync up the
transaction there.

Will the OFX support in GnuCash allow similar functionality?  I have
been using 1.6.x since it was released and love it.  I think being able
to write checks for online bill paying and synchronize statements
directly from within GnuCash (without having to download a statement and
then import it) would be a very valuable and widely used feature by many
people.

Thanks