All zeroes in reports

Nigel Titley nigel at packetexchange.net
Wed Jan 15 10:35:19 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 10:15, Patrick Van der Veken wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 January 2003 11:07, Nigel Titley wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 22:47, Patrick Van der Veken wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am running the latest CVS version (2003-01-03) of GnuCash on my RH 8.0
> > > system and all seems to work fine except the reporting functionality. All
> > > reports - whether it's the Account Summary or Profit & Loss sheet - show
> > > zero balances for *any* account I have. Yet I have plenty of transactions
> > > in each account (and non-zero balances). All the data originates from
> > > imported QIF files, I am not sure whether this would be of any
> > > significance.
> > >
> > > Anybody else with the same problem?
> >
> > Make sure your LOCALE is set correctly. Gnucash uses the LOCALE to set
> > the currency for reports, and will default to USD. If your accounts are
> > in any other currency, you'll get zeroes throughout.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Nigel
>
> Hi Nigel,
>
> I am not sure how I have to fix this. I am using EURO as my only currency and
> I have no language specific settings other than LANG=en_us. How do I set my
> LOCALE  to use EURO's?

Well, you can set your LANG to be something appropriate (I guess fr_BE)
or you can use the options in the report to set the currency to EURO,
for that report.

Unfortunately, the reports use the LOCALE/LANG to set the default
currency. However, you can override this, on a per-report basis, using
the report options.

I believe this to be a bit of a downer, but its the way it works at the
moment.

Nigel