Gnucash multiuser remote (was Re: gnucash web interface)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 9 11:50:10 CDT 2003

marthter <marthter at yahoo.ca> writes:

> I was hoping that the rumoured web interface (which Derek debunked as
> a false rumour) would mean that GnuCash listened on port 80 (or some
> specified port) for http requests and served up some flavour of its UI
> to anyone running a web browser, but I guess that was too wishful.
> Would there be a low-resistance path to implementing something like
> this given GnuCash's existing design?  I'm thinking abstractly about
> XML representations of the account tree and registers, and some <form>
> based UI to make changes, though I don't know enough about GnuCash to
> know how involved this would be.  Then make it https instead of http
> and I think you'd be able to address a fair number of small and medium
> business users.

This sounds like SQL-Ledger..  If you REALLY want a web-based
interface, you might want to look at that.  Gnucash is nice because it
DOESN'T require a web server.  This is a feature, not a bug.