Gnucash multiuser remote (was Re: gnucash web interface)

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Thu Jul 10 16:02:44 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 07:19:36AM -0500, Dale Alspach was heard to remark:
> cygwin is not commercial and allows the installation of a version of XFree.

Hi Dale,

Have you ever used cygwin (recnently)?  I have, and its awful.
I think when windows users see it, they get a very very wrong message
about what Linux is about (since they think Linux is like cygwin).
Its got that terrible window maanger twm which was really great
oh in 1990 but stinks today.  Its got scads of other problems.
Unless you are a true beleiver, don't recommend cygwin, it will just
turn people off.

--linas

(By contrast, VNC kicks but and will make most windows users say 'wow').