Gnucash multiuser remote (was Re: gnucash web interface)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 9 13:02:02 CDT 2003

marthter <marthter at yahoo.ca> writes:

> I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining about a "bug" that it
> didn't have a web interface.  I was just trying to make a feature
> suggestion that would really help in my situation.  And I think it is
> a similar situation for a number of small (like 10-20 employees)
> businesses that I work with.  They could get a lot of benefit from
> GnuCash.  If the setup involved 1 Linux machine and no setup on the
> clients (just using a browser), I think the convincing would be easy.
> Currently the setup involves converting their whole office to Linux,
> and I think that convincing would be very hard.

Well, the alternative is to port GnuCash to Windows, which is a better,
laudable goal IMHO.  I dont think a web interface is the direction we
want to go...

> If you think this is too small of a minority of users to worry about,
> or outside the scope of what GnuCash is trying to be, then I will of
> course bow to that wisdom.

I do.  While I do want to support the 10-personal company, I do not
think we need a web interface to do so.