GNUcash crashes on save - losing all changes

Vincent V vincentv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 16 14:08:37 CDT 2003

Thanks for the input John, but Graham has really picked up on the main
point of my message.
The reason I sent it in was because another (new) user had reported
something similar but was unable to replicate it. I, the on the other
hand, suspected what the cause might be and did a bit of experimenting
to prove it. As a software engineer myself, I know that the first thing
you need to do to pinpoint a bug is to reproduce it systematically, so
this information should be useful to the developers.

When the 'file lock' warning (not error) came up I thought it had
something to do with my file transfer and when it refused to save I was
pretty sure that the file permissions were wrong for some reason, but it
should have allowed me to do a 'save as' and under no circumstances
should it have crashed.

By the way, did you try it yourselves and get the same results?

Thanks again

Vince