[GnuCash-user] Re: A simple End-of-Period question

James Leone linuxcpa at netscape.net
Fri Jun 27 12:07:20 CDT 2003

chirik+gnucash at castlefur.com wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, James Leone wrote:
>

>>Gnucash's data files do not take a lot of space, so it seems that
>>closing the year and separating transactions is more of a problem then
>>what it is worth.
>>

>  ??? Actually, I'd love to be able to close the year out - my GNUcash data
>file is now over 7mb, and it takes GNUcash over a minute to load - half of
>while it's sitting there saying 'Loading data...' (Admittedly, my machine is
>only a dual celeron 400 and the data file is stored on a NFS mount, but my
>local network isn't THAT slow)

Hi everybody my point _should_ have been:

If you want to manually close the year, weigh the costs and benefits for
yourself.
It is not worth it for me, but it may be worth it for others.

I would like to see a non manual method for closing the year in gnucash,
but unfortunately I don't have the programming skills to do it.

Cheers

James Leone