Gnu Cash 1.8.2-1 on Redhat 8.0

franky2 frankyc at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 15:38:12 CST 2003

I recently un-installed Gnucash 1.6.6 from my system and attempted to
install Gnu Cash 1.8.2-1. At this time my Gwrap version is 1.3.4-1,
Guile is 1.4-8, Slib is 2d5, and Guppi is 0.40.3-9. When I try to Launch
Gnucash from a terminal screen I get an error that states :

ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found

When I do a "more" on the gnucash script I get :

#!/bin/sh
PATH="/usr/local/libexec/gnucash/overrides:${PATH}"
export PATH

exec "gnucash" "$@"
.

So the questions are :
1. Is there a detailed install document somewhere that goes about
describing how to install Gnucash through RPM's ? I have looked around
and haven't really found anything.

2. Can anyone give me a hand in troubleshooting and rectifying the
problem. I am still inexperienced in using Linux but am learning a
little more everyday, so if someone would like to help please be patient
with me.

Thank You

Frank C.

--