import format - which does gnucash handle better?

bri bhh_mail at mail.com
Mon Nov 3 07:12:39 CST 2003

So my bank now allows me to download my checking and savings account
transactions in these formats:

Microsoft Money (OFX) - Open Financial Exchange
Microsoft Money (OFC)
Microsoft Excel (CSV)- Comma separated values
Quicken (QFX) - Open Financial Exchange
Quicken (QIF)

I've had quirks with qif before (transfers between the 2 accounts not
getting automatically resolved as duplicates..) so I'll probably make
copies of my books and try OFX and QFX. But was wondering - whats the
general thoughts on the different formats? Is either of the 3 better or
worse than the others? Or will gnucash do better with 1 in particular? or..?

thx.bri.