Building gnucash on OS X--enlightenment requested

Rich Johnson rjohnson at dogstar-interactive.com
Wed Nov 19 09:32:36 CST 2003

On Tuesday, November 18, 2003, at 10:43 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Rich Johnson <rjohnson at dogstar-interactive.com> writes:
>
>> checking for g-wrap module directory...
>> /sw/share/guile/1.6/g-wrap-1.3.4
>> checking if g-wrap works... ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in
>> ("/sw/share/guile/1.6/g-wrap-1.3.4" "/sw/share/guile/site"
>> "/sw/share/guile/1.4" "/sw/share/guile" ".")
>> configure: error: g-wrap could not run.  Perhaps missing slib?
>
> This implies you don't have slib installed.

Ah, but I do have slib installed--version 2d6-1.  But configure (or
g-wrap) is unable to find the scheme library.

Information about 2425 packages read in 14 seconds.
  i   slib             2d6-1        Portable scheme library
      slib-gu14        2d6-1        Portable scheme library for guile
  i   slib-gu16        2d6-1        Portable scheme library for guile16

I waded through a fair number of google searches.  Since I wish to use
default installations for as many components as possible,  I tried
setting SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH prior to running autogen, but that didn't
work.  I finally opted to _manually_ create the link
/sw/share/guile/slib->/sw/share/slib.