Upgrading Gnucash 1.67 to 1.8x

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Wed Nov 19 22:37:11 CST 2003

On Sunday 16 November 2003 10:56, Patrick Scott wrote:
> I' v spent three days trying upgrade my gnucash 1.67 running on Mandrake
> 9.0 to the latest stable version of 1.8x.  I have been stuck in dependency
> hell.  When I tried to install a require dependency, I get messages
> concerning other dependencies that are required to install the original
> dependency.  I'm a relative newbie to Linux, but I'm starting a business
> and would like to use gnucash for my accounting systems.  I'm concerned
> based on my current experience, about future problems when I may need to
> upgrade our systems.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can try to help you, but first of all, where did you get your new gnucash
RPMs?  Then, what's the command you used to install them, and which
dependencies is it complaining about?
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/
Président, Comité Jeunesse de l'Association des Diplômés de Polytechnique.