moving transactions between accounts

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Sat Sep 13 17:59:09 CDT 2003

glenn wrote:
> hi
> I've just imported my bank statement using QIF - somewhere along the way
> I've ended up with a second instance of my libilities hierachy (actually
> 3 if you count the liablities2 tree that got created) - possible due to
> consuming wild turkey while selecting accounts.
> I want to move the transactions from the credit card under the second
> tree, into the credit card in the original tree. I'm tempted to hack at
> the xml file, but is there a more 'civilised' approach I should take?

Glenn-

I think we cover this once... checking old emails... ah, there it is,
and we even put it as a FAQ:

B.3.1. Q: How can I move the transactions from account A into account B,
thus combining them?

http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/appendixb_using.html

The solution isn't pretty, but it is the best you can do for now.  Does
that help?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil