Paycheck splits and matching

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Sep 19 13:42:03 CDT 2003

doug foskey wrote:
> Not sure if this is what you meant:

Doug, you top poster!  :)  Who do you mean by "you"?  ...you quoted both
me and Wes.

> but I set up a Periodical payment for my
> Pay. I split it into various accounts, & it is editable before you pass the
> final entry screen (ie when the payment is ready to be posted, it is editable
> before it is entered into the account(s). My pay is mainly the same, but
> about 1 pay in 4 changes, so is edited. (If the norm changes, edit the
> periodical payment under periodical payments)

So, you are talking about setting up Scheduled Transactions to do your
paycheck?  If so, cool.  Do you want to write up a little HOWTO on the
subject?  If so, I can add it to the docs.

I'm just curious, is this somehow easier than just simply using the
automatic completion feature for splits?  I guess one advantage of using
SX for this is that GnuCash will notify you when it thinks you've
received a paycheck, right?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil