Question about printing invoices

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 09:21:01 EDT 2004

Something I'm used to doing in my previous accounts package doesn't seem to be
possible in GnuCash. Is it just me?

I operate with quite a few expense categories, and choosing them from a menu
using the mouse while entering a transaction at the keyboard isn't easy (the
list is rather longer than the popup menu). In my previous accounts package, I
could type the code for a particular account/expense/whatever, and the
software would convert this into the relevant account/expense/whatever. This
saves lots of time.

However, ATM, it seems that GnuCash uses the account codes only for sorting
the display. Is this correct? If so, what's the chance of getting a feature
like this added? It's not a huge problem but is a good usability point
(reduces the need to swap between keyboard and mouse).

TiA

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price