Unable to install gnucash in Debian unstable

Wolfgang Balster wolfgang.balster at epost.de
Wed Aug 25 06:41:47 EDT 2004

On Mittwoch, 25. August 2004 02:43, Doctorcam wrote:
> Download libtldl3 from Experimental
I started to do that and discovered in the process, that libltdl3 1.5.2-2,
which is needed by gnucash, is already part of Unstable. I did not know this,
because synaptic showed me 1.5.2-1 as the newest version for Unstable. But
when I displayed the properties of libltdl3, I discovered, that 1.5.2-1 was
marked as "now" and 1.5.2-2 as "unstable". I forced the Version for unstable.
Now gnucash runs impeccably! Thanks for the help, which set me on the right
track!

Still I don'nt know what hit me. I certainly did not put 1.5.2-1 in this
position of beeing held back. Did some other process? And maybe for good
reasons? I see, that in synaptic a lot of KDE-related files are held back.

I close my eyes and enjoy gnucash. Thanks again.
--
Mit freundlichem Gruss

Wolfgang Balster

GPG 0x7FF6F4D4 | FAFD 8741 E703 31AC 5B1F  AA45 B894 E07E 7FF6 F4D4