Gnucash, GTK2, and Windows

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Dec 16 12:00:58 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 02:11, Aaron Dalton wrote:

> Has anybody out there succeeded in getting Gnucash
> to run under Cygwin?

Not that I've heard of.

> With Gnucash being ported to GTK2, and there being
> a Windows port of GTK2, will a Gnucash port also be in the works?

GnuCash working with gtk/gnome2 will help, but only in that there's
probably more motivation to get gnome2 working under Windows than
gnome1, at this point.

The key thing is not that gnucash works under windows, but that all of
it's dependent libraries do, gnome2 primarily.   I'm pretty sure that
they don't, right now.

> If
> ever I wished I had more C++ skills than I have, it is now =/

With respect to the gnome2 porting effort, we could use non-coding
help.  One task that will be increasingly useful going forward is to
carefully catalog functional differences between the 1.8- and
gnome2-branches, so we know when we're "done" with the porting effort.
Or, at least, how much more work there is to do.  See the GNOME2_STATUS
file on the branch for details.

...jsled