account balances

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 1 14:34:46 CST 2004

Hi,

I dont think I understand what you want to do..  You've got a credit
card account and as you make charges against it you apply a credit
to the account and debit expenses... Then when you pay the credit card
you debit the CC account and credit your checking account.

If you already have a balance on your card but you don't want to
declare the actual expense, then you should just create an opening balance
transaction from your equity account (credit CC and debit equity).

But I'm still not sure I understand what you're trying to do....

-derek