How to use the Wiki????

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 13:44:44 EDT 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 5:52, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So anyway ... I click 'edit' and it asks me for a username ... and

http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/
You may sign in using any WikiWord as a UserId.
You do not need to enter a password.

Make sure your username is a WikiWord, lvepstas won't work, LinasVepstas will.

You are signed in as ?LinasVepstas |

No space and make sure the userid starts with a capital and contains another
capital. Linas (or Neil) won't work.

> then says "Invalid password or userid." ... and there is not the
> slightest hint on how to recover from that.   Can it email me my

Now that it's clear though, it ought to be in the GnuCash Wiki front page too.

> password? no .. any random userid gives the same error.

The password (IIRC) is just to make it a little harder for other to pretend to
be you. (like I just did above).

--

Neil Williams