Reimbursible Mileage Expense

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jun 2 04:48:08 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 05:47, T. Cabugao wrote:
> Hi!
> Any suggestions on how to account for reimbursible
> mileage?

Hi,

I am in the UK, but it seems to me that the Inland Revenue here have a similar
way of doing things as is described for the IRS in the thread you mentioned:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user/9322/match=mileage

The way I cope with this is just a separate income account - (which I ignore
for  tax purposes) but can use at a glance to see how much my car has
actually cost me by comparing the total "mileage income" against all the car
expense categories.

IANAA, but it works for me and is simple...

> Thanks,
> Ty

Hope that helps,
Maf.