account and transaction help for gift / cash-back incomem

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Fri Jun 11 09:32:04 EDT 2004

I don't think of these as real income since these are equivalent to
getting a sale price on purchases. If I can easily tie the rebate back to
an expense account, I credit the expense account. If not, I call it
non-taxable income. i do not keep track of gift cards individually.
If you want to do this you might be able to use the business features to
track these. The gift card is like a vendor credit. Someone who uses the
business features might chime in here on the suitability of this.

Dale Alspach