More digit in currency

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 24 19:27:32 EDT 2004

"Riki Kurniawan" <riki at mms.co.id> writes:

> Hi,
>
> this is why I want to send the screenshot of what i've done :-)

I said you could post it on a website and provide a link!

> I don't think that you guys understand my problem, basicly I just
> want to enter a transaction in the invoice, bill or expense voucher
> with a number bigger than 9,223,372,04 (please try this and you will
> see what I mean). For instance if I enter 10,000,000.00 in the Unit
> Price column of the Edit Invoice form (in menu Business|Customer|New
> Invoice) it will become -8,446,744.00!

Indeed, thank you for providing the way to reproduce the problem.
I can see that here, too.  I put in Qty 1, Unit price 10,000,000, and
the result is -8,466,744.07.  This is just wrong in so many ways.

[snip]
> Obviously this is not the way it should be done, but there is no
> other way for me to enter 10,000,000.00 in the invoice. Any idea?

For now, no.

> I agreed with you 100%, but this is not the case. In the invoice
> form I can't enter transaction bigger than 9,223,372,04!

Interesting.  It looks like yet another bug in the gnc_numeric math.
Thank you for pointing this out.

>>The way the register re-interprets itself is just bogus, IMHO,
>>but I have no clue if it's related.  Mr. Kurniawan has not provided
>>a recipe to reproduce this problem, yet.
>>

> I can send you screenshots or the actual database (under 10kb in
> compressed format)

No need.  You've already provided enough information for me to
reproduce the problem here.  Linas, can you reproduce it there?  Or
have you never played with the business features at all.