Correct way to deal with a credit note in 1.8.7

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 4 00:23:20 CST 2004

gh <gh1000 at earthlink.net> writes:

> Sorry about that, somehow I missed the original post.
> Still ... I personally opted for a correct vendor report over a
> "wrong" bills due reminder (not to mention the fact that bills
> and vendor mistakes, credits etc are "captured")
> Please note when that when you do this (post a negative bill) an
> "additional" split transaction is created is your A/P account
> that you should delete.

uh, if you delete that split you'll have an unbalanced transaction..
moreover, if you delete it that transaction will not show up on vendor
reports or aging reports..   At which point I need to ask why you're
using an invoice?