Correct way to deal with a credit note in 1.8.7

gh gh1000 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 08:45:27 CST 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 01:23, you wrote:
> gh <gh1000 at earthlink.net> writes:
> > Sorry about that, somehow I missed the original post.
> > Still ... I personally opted for a correct vendor report
> > over a "wrong" bills due reminder (not to mention the fact
> > that bills and vendor mistakes, credits etc are "captured")
> > Please note when that when you do this (post a negative
> > bill) an "additional" split transaction is created is your
> > A/P account that you should delete.
>
> uh, if you delete that split you'll have an unbalanced
> transaction.. moreover, if you delete it that transaction will
> not show up on vendor reports or aging reports..   At which
> point I need to ask why you're using an invoice?

Please note that I said an "additional" split, not the
transaction created by the invoice.
So no, I am not creating an invoice and then deleting it ....
(that will kind of dumb .... wait, maybe .... <flame deleted>)

If you are interested, I will gladly attach a small example where
I hope you can see what I mean.

gh