Cannot post invoice

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 19 21:41:06 EST 2004

Please make sure you CC gnucash-user on ALL responses!

DECo <diamond.edge at verizon.net> writes:

> On Friday 19 March 2004 14:40, you wrote:
>> DECo <diamond.edge at verizon.net> writes:
>> > I attempted to post an invoice to a receivables account and it is not
>> > listed. When I selected new, I entered the information, clicked ok, and
>> > the message window stated that the account already existed -- but it does
>> > not. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
>>
>> I dont understand..  I can't follow this step-guide to figure out what
>> you did or where.
>
> I clicked on the icon post for a particular invoice.  A window appears with
> the question, do you really want to post this invoice?

Ahh, ok...  That wasn't clear from your original question.

>> You selected new (new what?),
>
> The account name is not in the Post to Account spin box, so I click on New.
>> entered the information
>> (what information?),
>
> The New Account window comes up and if I look in the parent account spin box,
> the account appears there.  If I try to enter it again in the account name
> box then click OK, a window appears that states there is already an account
> that has that name.  So I click ok, but cannot post the invoice.

What is the account-type of the account?  You can only post a
customer-invoice to an account of type A/Receivable.  Also, you are
only allowed to have one account with a particular name, which is why
you get the "account already exists".