credit xactions on credit card

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed May 19 00:15:17 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 21:16, bob belanger wrote:

> how do we enter / handle credit transactions to a credit card account ?

Correctly. :)

Please give an example.  I don't see where the confusion lies; given a
liability [="credit card"] account, credits and debits to that account
will be handled by GnuCash as they should be.

At that point, the "natural" transactions one would enter [i.e., a
transfer from your bank account into the credit-card account being a
"payment"; a transfer from the credit-card account into an expense
account being a "purchase"] will credit/debit all accounts
appropriately.

> the quickbooks ( i know mea cupa mia cupa ) method doesn't work

What is "the quickbooks method"?  I've never used quickbooks....
[Are you trying to say "mea culpa"?]

> /bobb

...jsled

--