Profit account, crash, sort accounts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 4 14:17:20 EST 2004

John Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> writes:

> My objective is to move the profit to the appropriate capital account.
> So if I want to move the profit to "retained earnings", what do I DR and what
> do I CR?

Transfer all the outstanding balance from all your income and expense
accounts into your retained earnings account.

However, the balance sheet will do this for you automaitcally without
you having to manually transfer this yourself.

>> What's printed on the terminal?  (you ARE running from a terminal
>> so you can see error output, right???)   What version of gnucash are
>> you using?
>>
> The program just closes.  No error message.  I am running a PC, not a
> terminal.  Suse 82. gnucash 1.8.0. under kde 3.1.

Oh, man!  1.8.0 is buggy as all hell.  1.8.9 is current.  1.8.10 is
due to be released in a couple weeks.  Upgrade, man.  upgrade.