Q about the toolbar and bill splitting

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 12:07:00 EST 2004

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 2:33 pm, Jesse van Bekkum wrote:
> First: I normally work from the account view. On the toolbar there are
> a couple of buttons, including new account. I hardly use that button,
> since all accounts that I use are already created. I do, however, use
> the new bill and new invoice options quite often, but I have to use
> the menu to access them. Is it possible to make buttons of those?

You can detach any of the menus and have the option always available that way.
e.g. detach the Business -> Customers menu and the Business -> Vendor menu.
Just drag and drop the dashed separator at the top of the menu.

Click the arrow on the separator in the new window to return it.

It's a separate window and you can move it anywhere on your screen, including
outside the GnuCash window. You can minimise it, even transfer it to a
separate desktop (although that might not be so useful!)
:-)

--

Neil Williams