how do I get off this list?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Nov 18 15:11:11 EST 2004

By this time, it should be obvious that the answer to the original
question of "how do I get off the list" is most definitely NOT: post an
off topic discussion that annoys EVERYBODY on the list with one person's
particular situation. If everybody did this the list would be completely
useless. It's the first rule of mailing lists for crying out loud: never
post administrative requests to the whole &(*#*@! list.

Try contacting someone AT THE SITE WHERE THE LIST COMES FROM. They, and
only they, can do anything about this. I can't, and neither can the
other hundreds of people on gnucash-users whose mailboxes are being
flooded with this junk.

I really WASN'T going to flame, I really wasn't, because these flames
usually just keep the off topic discussion going on even longer. But it
seems like this one just won't stop and nobody seems to be getting a
clue.

Perhaps:

postmaster at gnucash.org
mailman-owner at gnucash.org