script to automatically assign account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 8 17:25:37 EST 2005

Quoting Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at yahoo.com>:

> OK, I guess I'll have to live with that. I was hoping for something
> more customizable since some (stupid) merchants put unique things in
> descriptions, for example my bank describes ATM withdrawls as
> "ATM/123 Main Banch    1201 O" where 1201 is the month/day; no idea
> about the O at the end. Maybe I'll try to run the data through sed
> first and strip that out before importing.

The OFX importer uses Bayesian matching heuristics so it'll notice
that "ATM/123", "Main", and "Banch"[sic] all have a high probability
to point to some particular account.  Unfortunately the QIF importer
still uses an older UI and isn't (yet) integrated into the generic
importer.  So..  If you import OFX it works well.  When you import
QIF it uses the full string.