Mixing Gnucash versions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 18 12:19:58 EST 2005

Um, 1.6 is like 5 years old.  You should DEFINITELY update to 1.8 on
your desktop.  Note that the ONLY difference in dependencies between
1.6 and 1.8 is the g-wrap dependency.  EVERYTHING else is the same.
There are some known (but undefined and definitely unfixed) issues
between 1.6 and 1.8 -- you may wind up with a datafile that is only
readable on one side.

You should DEFINITELY update from 1.6 to 1.8.

-derek