Compile Error

KSGROI3 at twcny.rr.com KSGROI3 at twcny.rr.com
Sun Dec 18 12:40:31 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to run configure to compile version 1.8.12 on Solaris 9 and
get the following error:
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
required for intltool

I downloaded & installed the XML Parser and updated the PATH variable to
include the location of the Parser, but still get the error. Here is the
complete output from running configure:

bash-2.05$ pwd
/export/home/kevin/gnucash-1.8.12

bash-2.05$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/sfw/bin/ginstall -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking dependency style of gcc... none
checking for perl... /usr/perl5/5.6.1/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
required for intltool

This is my first time installing GNU Cash so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

-Thank you.