Gnucash user questions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Feb 7 13:16:37 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 12:05, marc at osmium.mv.net wrote:

> That aside, I have these questions.
>
> 1) I would like to create a scheduled transaction for the purpose of
>    auto-invoicing. Is this possible? It seems to only work for payments.

Correct.  It does only work on payments.

> 2) Why does the mortgage/loan repayment setup mechanism only work for
>    payments?

Short answer: because it does.

Longer answer: because it was more work that I didn't want or have time
to do, at the time.  As well, there're some technical impediments to
adding this functionality, which contributes to the amount of work it
is.

> I would like to use it to setup invoicing. Is there a way?

No.

> 3) In reports, is there a way to get non-graphical Asset and Liability
>    reports, effectively a "show mw all liabilities, sorted"?

Sorted how?  Does a transaction report limited to showing only liability
accounts work?

> 4) Is there a way to have the Bills Due Reminder automatically run
>    periodically, such as daily?

I don't believe so, no.

> 5) Is there a way to have access the Bills Due Reminder list such that
>    you can click on each item to begin the Process Payment mechanism?

If so, it'd probably be obvious; check to see if it's filed as an RFE at
bugzilla.gnome.org, and file it if it is not.  Or Derek will chime in.

...jsled