Check Printing - Font Size

Mike mzulkoski at nctc.net
Thu Feb 17 09:47:02 EST 2005

When I print checks the font defaults to Courier 24pt.(?)

This question has come up once before but I have not yet seen a solution (if
there is one).  I searched the archives and found this:

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2004-November/012022.html

Quote from the above post:

>print-session.c sets the default font to Courier 12. Make sure you have
>that installed in your gnome files.

I searched my entire file system and I do not have print-session.c installed.

If this will cure the large font problem, exactly where do I install it?

I am using GnuCash 1.8.10 on Mandrake 10.1 Official.  I normally use KDE 3.2.3
but also have Gnome 2.6  installed.   Running GnuCash in Gnome does not
affect the font size when printing checks (still prints 24pt) nor can I find
any place in Gnome to set the font size for printing.  It may be there but I
am not familiar with Gnome and may just be overlooking it.

All other printing (reports, etc.) is OK, i.e.,  with normal font sizes.  Only
when printing checks do I run into the large font size with no apparent way
to change it.

Until I became familiar with GnuCash I used it to handle my personal accounts;
sending out checks printed in a huge font didn't matter.  But now I am
setting up my business accounts and want to be able to control the size of
the font when printing checks.

Thanks,

Mike