Check Printing - Font Size

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 17 10:09:09 EST 2005

Hi,

Mike <mzulkoski at nctc.net> writes:

> When I print checks the font defaults to Courier 24pt.(?)
>
> This question has come up once before but I have not yet seen a solution (if
> there is one).  I searched the archives and found this:
>
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2004-November/012022.html
>
> Quote from the above post:
>
>>print-session.c sets the default font to Courier 12. Make sure you have
>>that installed in your gnome files.
>
> I searched my entire file system and I do not have print-session.c installed.

You found the incorrect antecedent for "that".  The "that" in the
second sentence refers to "Courier 12", not "print-session.c".  Make
sure you have "Courier 12" installed in your gnome files.

The "print-session.c" is one of the gnucash source files.  You would't
have that installed unless you build gnucash from source.

> If this will cure the large font problem, exactly where do I install it?

Make sure you install all the gnome-1.4 fonts available.

> I am using GnuCash 1.8.10 on Mandrake 10.1 Official.  I normally use KDE 3.2.3
> but also have Gnome 2.6  installed.   Running GnuCash in Gnome does not
> affect the font size when printing checks (still prints 24pt) nor can I find
> any place in Gnome to set the font size for printing.  It may be there but I
> am not familiar with Gnome and may just be overlooking it.

Keep in mind that gnucash is STILL a gnome 1.4 app; so you need to run
gnome1 control-center (which you probably don't have on your gnome2
system).