Canadian Stocks in USD (eventually)

Oliver D. Iberien oliver-forward at charter.net
Fri Jan 7 16:20:59 EST 2005

Hi,

Sorry in advance if the answer to this is in old posts, but I have looked and
not yet found anything that works.

My account totals are in USD. I have Canadian stocks on the Toronto Stock
Exchange. The brokerage that these are held with also has a cash sweep in
USD. I can't seem to set these up in GnuCash in a way that tracks the stocks'
real value by recording their value in CDN. If I did manage that, I don't
know how to transfer the money used to purchase them out of the USD cash
fund. I also can't get the Price Editor to return prices for them. If there
is a currency-exchange function somewhere, I cannot find it.

My understanding is that the Toronto exchange is entered as TSE. One of the
posts I read suggested adding .TO to the ends of the symbols, but this has
not yet done anything.

Anyhow, any solutions or workaround would be welcome - thanks!

Oliver