Splits

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu May 12 09:38:43 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 13:02 -0400, Don Allen wrote:
> missing something, but I fail to understand why splits are applied to
> stock accounts (which are essentially positions) rather than to the
> commodity itself (which represents the stock). It's the commodity/stock

>From your description, yes, it does sound wrong.

It should be a relatively straightforward for to change the split druid
to:

* summarize the stock-commodities in use across the account-tree
* make a select-list of commodities, rather than accounts
* iterate over the accounts involved once a commodity is selected.

Please file an RFE at http://bugs.gnome.org/ .

...jsled