gnucash and Mac OS X 10.4

Howard Kim howardk at mail.com
Fri May 20 16:34:43 EDT 2005

   Hello Francisco,

   My strategy for compiling gnucash has always been to update all
the dependencies first and then install gnucash.  That has always
worked for me.

   Since you already blew away your /sw directory, I would try the
following:

1. Tell fink to install gnucash.
2. When fink gives you the list of dependencies that need to be
installed as well, say no.
3. Take note of all the dependencies and install them first.  I tend
to install them in chunks starting with perllibs, then libs and
lastly gnome.  This method takes longer, but makes the install smoother.
4. When all the dependencies are done, install gnucash.  It should
not list any dependencies since they are all done.

   Hope that helps.  Good luck.

   Howard