Forms facility.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 18 00:52:34 EDT 2006

Please CC Gnucash-User on ALL replies....

Quoting Bob Allen <boballen at ksc.th.com>:

>> Um, pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by "forms input facility"?
>>
>> -derek
>>
> I am running a small restaurant and have a set list of entries to
> make each day. It would be nice if I could have a pop up form that I
> fill in which would update all my registers instead of opening each
> one individually, which is what I am doing at the moment.

How many different bank and asset accounts do you have that you need
to open up that many registers?  In my company I generally need to only
open up three registers -- my main checking account, my billpay checking
account, and my credit card.   I rarely have to open up any other register
because all transactions I make touches one of these three accounts.

No, there are no "forms" inputs, and no plans to create any.

Depending on your locale and currencies you may just be able to enter
everything in the General Ledger/Journal.  But that only works if your
locale currency == the account currencies (e.g. you're in en_US and
all your accounts are USD).

Good Luck,