Cannot import qfx files.

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Tue Apr 25 23:06:41 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 19:42 -0500, Tom Cada wrote:
> I am installing Gnucash (version 1.8.9)on my machine running SUSE 10.0. I have
> got the program up and running and am trying to import a download from my
> bank.
>
> When I try the import, the distribution screen open with no transactions
> shown, and I receive the following error on the console:
>
> LibOFX ERROR: ofx_proc_file():No input file specified
> (Above message occured on Line 4294967295, Column 4294967295)
>
> I have tried running ofxdump against the file and it seems to run OK.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks... Tom.

There may be a couple of reasons for this. Are you in 64-bit mode? If
so, you have a problem... If you are running 64-bit, you will need to go
back to 32-bit to succeed with gnucash and ofx.

If not, go to:

ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.suser-crauch/

and download the gnucash and gnucash-ofx RPMs (you may need some others
- can't recall). That will get you working. The base RPM is broken for
ofx import.

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support