Cannot import qfx files.

Tom Cada mtcada at attglobal.net
Wed Apr 26 17:22:26 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 10:06 pm, Des Dougan wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 19:42 -0500, Tom Cada wrote:
> > I am installing Gnucash (version 1.8.9)on my machine running SUSE 10.0. I
> > have got the program up and running and am trying to import a download
> > from my bank.
> >
> > When I try the import, the distribution screen open with no transactions
> > shown, and I receive the following error on the console:
> >
> > LibOFX ERROR: ofx_proc_file():No input file specified
> > (Above message occured on Line 4294967295, Column 4294967295)
> >
> > I have tried running ofxdump against the file and it seems to run OK.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks... Tom.
>
> There may be a couple of reasons for this. Are you in 64-bit mode? If
> so, you have a problem... If you are running 64-bit, you will need to go
> back to 32-bit to succeed with gnucash and ofx.
>
> If not, go to:
>
> ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.suser-crauch/
>
> and download the gnucash and gnucash-ofx RPMs (you may need some others
> - can't recall). That will get you working. The base RPM is broken for
> ofx import.
>
> Des

Thanks for the reply.

I did as suggested and installed all of the RPMs that I could. However, I
could not install gnucash-ofx because of many failed dependancies. When I run
GnuCash, it runs the new version, but only allows the importation of QIF
files which none of my financial institutions provide. They seem to have
upgraded to OXF and QXF formats.

Any suggestions???

Thanks... Tom.
--
Due to high levels of spam, I have changed my e-mail address
to mtcada at attglobal.net.