Cannot import qfx files.

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Fri Apr 28 01:51:30 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 16:22 -0500, Tom Cada wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 April 2006 10:06 pm, Des Dougan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 19:42 -0500, Tom Cada wrote:
> > > I am installing Gnucash (version 1.8.9)on my machine running SUSE 10.0. I
> > > have got the program up and running and am trying to import a download
> > > from my bank.
> > >
> > > When I try the import, the distribution screen open with no transactions
> > > shown, and I receive the following error on the console:
> > >
> > > LibOFX ERROR: ofx_proc_file():No input file specified
> > > (Above message occured on Line 4294967295, Column 4294967295)
> > >
> > > I have tried running ofxdump against the file and it seems to run OK.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Thanks... Tom.
> >
> > There may be a couple of reasons for this. Are you in 64-bit mode? If
> > so, you have a problem... If you are running 64-bit, you will need to go
> > back to 32-bit to succeed with gnucash and ofx.
> >
> > If not, go to:
> >
> > ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.suser-crauch/
> >
> > and download the gnucash and gnucash-ofx RPMs (you may need some others
> > - can't recall). That will get you working. The base RPM is broken for
> > ofx import.
> >
> > Des
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I did as suggested and installed all of the RPMs that I could. However, I
> could not install gnucash-ofx because of many failed dependancies. When I run
> GnuCash, it runs the new version, but only allows the importation of QIF
> files which none of my financial institutions provide. They seem to have
> upgraded to OXF and QXF formats.
>
> Any suggestions???

Hmmm. I installed Christian's RPMs several months ago, so consequently
can't recall what specific RPMs I had to install, but I know I didn't
have any  particular issues. What dependencies does trying to install
gnucash-ofx display?

FYI, I have these gnucash* RPMs installed:

sempron:~ # rpm -qa | grep gnucash
gnucash-1.8.12-2
gnucash-ofx-1.8.12-2
gnucash-docs-1.8.5-1

I see these dependencies for the -ofx RPM (versions are what are on my
system - there may be later versions):

aqbanking-ofx-1.6.0beta-1.suse
glibc-2.3.5-40
glib-1.2.10-595
libofx-0.8.0-3
popt-1.7-221
libstdc++-4.0.2_20050901-3

Some of these you will pretty likely have (such as glibc). Install the
others and you should be up and running.

If you can't find the RPMs (although Google should help), you may want
to install a package manager such as apt
(http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/) or smart
(http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=Smart)

Both can provide access to multiple repositories for SUSE 10.0.

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support